A few facts from the Pew Research Center about smartphones and their rising role in the healthcare industry.
- 72% of Internet users say they looked online for general health information within the past year.
- 1/2 of online health information research is on behalf of someone else—information access by proxy.
- 19% of Smartphone owners have downloaded an app specifically to track or manage health.
- 1 in 5 Internet users have consulted online reviews and rankings of healthcare service providers and treatments.
- 26% of Internet users have read about or watched someone else’s experience with health or medical issues in the last 12 mmonths.
- 3-4% of Internet users have posted their experiences with healthcare service providers or treatments.
To lear how to increase your census by being smart about smartphones, contact [email protected]